Re: BRN Articles on Ebay

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BRN Articles on Ebay
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:47:47 -0800 (PST)
Sorry for the duplication but I forgot to edit and put
the correct address.

Guys, maybe I have it wrong but I thought I read that
these reprints were/are going to be put on ebay. Why
else would you put them on ebay if not to sell them?
Isn't selling the purpose of ebay?

Although you do not give up literary ownership, when
you give the ok to a publisher to print your words,
those articles become their property (the publication,
not your words). I'm sure nobody at BRN worries much
about it but seeking their permission ahead of selling
their published property is considered good form. If
those publications are copyrighted, you had better
obtain permission. Now, if you just wanted to put your
words on your paper and sell them, that would be your
privilege.

John

http://my.yahoo.com