Aluminum jacks

To: "'LandSpeed'" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Aluminum jacks
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:23:29 -0800
Hi gang,
Anyone care to comment on their experience with aluminum jacks from
various sources?  I'm tempted to buy the Costco version (around $100-200
as I recall).  Looking in the archives shed no light...  First priority,
is, of course, lightness so it can be readily transported.  But one that
is easy to use (fast raise--maybe dual pump, controllable descent, large
jacking height range, good rubber/plastic pad on contact surface, etc.)
is also a big factor.  I don't think I'm up for $500 versions,
unfortunately, but would still like to know what I would be missing by
not getting an expensive one.  Thanks.
Benn Karne