Re: Maxton lodging

To: "joe Amo" <jkamo@rushmore.com>
Subject: Re: Maxton lodging
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:47:54 -0500
On Wednesday, February 9, 2005, at 06:36 PM, joe Amo wrote:

> thats funny cuz when I called Wendover,  they first wanted to chat
> about life and how things are, and when I checked on the reservations
> they said of course same rooms, and they named off my mothers name,
> brothers
> names without looking,  then said "hey we reserved a room for your
> brother,
> he forgot
> to make a reservation, so we have him covered to"....................
>
> they not only didnt care about the salt,  they let me rebuild the bike
> in
> the room................
>
> life is good ............everywhere............
>
> Joe :)

You've just proven the commonly-stated feeling that Motel 6 in Wendover
is "The Amo Compound".  Most of us aren't quite so well-known.

Okay, I'll admit that it isn't too difficult for us at the KoA there
anymore.  I think giving them a team photo for the wall right behind
the cash register helped.  For sure the photo did at the Mexican cafe
at the truck stop -- first-name basis when we walk in!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)