Maxton lodging

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Maxton lodging
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:52:30 -0500
Ya gotta love it -- when I call for lodging in Wendover I've got to
hope there's any room left, got to guarantee the reservation, got to
promise not to track salt on the carpeting, got to tell them the color
of the shirt I'll be wearing, etc, etc.  But - I just now called the
Pine Acres Motel in Laurinburg:

ME:     "Hello, it's Jon - you know, Seldom Seen Slim, one of the ECTA
racers."

Him: "When you gonna get here and how many nights?"

Me:  "March 31, three nights."

Him:  "Okay, sir, gotcha covered.  Goodbye."

Life is good, life is simple, and we're going racing in less than two
months!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan