Re: Records/Scores

To: "Joe & Lynne Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Records/Scores
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:19:05 -0500
On Saturday, February 12, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Joe & Lynne Lance wrote:

> I second that---AARP seems to be more of a political organization on
> the
> left side of the spectrum, a powerful lobbying organization for the
> polical
> issues their leadership favors (and I don't agree with), and has many
> money-making businesses of its own, so I dropped out long ago when the
> thrill was gone. Besides, I seem to get just as many discounts from my
> ASME,
> AAA, and NRA memberships and general senior citizen discounts.
>
> Lance

Yes, I admit they promote too many positions -- but I see them as being
over on the RIGHT side of the spectrum from where I'd like 'em to be,
that's a fact.  'Nuff said - good thing we don't argue politics here!

I don't read their monthly mailing, don't participate in their
sponsored-programs, don't do much but use the card -- but maybe, after
reading these reminders, maybe i won't bother renewing that membership.
  It's ten bucks for a couple of years -- but ten bucks will buy me a
spark plug or a nitrous bottle refill, too -- and I know I'll get
pleasure from that!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan