Re: Discovery "Belly Tank Lakester"

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (landspeed list), DaCudaKid@aol.com
Subject: Re: Discovery "Belly Tank Lakester"
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:13:32 +0000
The information I have is from the Santa Maria Times in the Wednesday February
2, 2005 edition.  Cris Shearer passed it out at the USFRA meeting last week.

The writer's name is Janene Scully, email is janscully#pulitzer.net. and phone
is 739-2214 ... I'm guessing that's area code 805.

The Air force is looking at this as a big P R plus for them.  The caveat is:
"The show had sought permission to use an Air Force base.  Edwards Air Force
Base in the Mojave Desert where the space shuttle sometimes lands on a dry lake
bed wasn't available due to recent rains.  Under Defense Department
regulations, a production firm that uses a military installation must pay for
costs to the government."