Re: a coke can?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "list answer"
Subject: Re: a coke can?
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 20 Feb 2005 14:29 GMT
Keith,

the patent on this was registered for a company named Lubeka - based in my
hometown Heilbronn.
About 25-30 years ago they went into financial trouble and the patent was
worldwide sold to pay the people. A friend of mines father was a engineer in
this company.

The trick is to get the alumininum pressed and length in the same time - high
quality (three pieces) wheels are done the same way - only not so deep. If you
cut the can you will see that the material thickness is not always the same.
When the can is filled the "cap" laid on the top of the can and a tool is
bending the overstanding alu down and against the can. Depends on how big the
can is the tool is a rotating two wheel equipment or a complete round double
cone - the inner one holds the cap, the outer one press the overstanding down,
a third ring come from two sides and close it.

If you see it you will be surprised hwo easy it is.

See ya

Pork Pie