Re: Topic....gear ratio

To: glennr7@hotmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Topic....gear ratio
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:36:20 -0800 (PST)
Glenn,
I think all of the dydno time and computer analysis in the world will only get
you close.  The final determination must be made through trial and error on the
salt.  You can get close by using what somebody with a similar setup has
already successfully used, then use the system that one "wise old salt"
suggested a couple of years ago:  "Keep adding gear until it slows down, then
back off one."
Dick J

Nt788@aol.com wrote: