RE: electronic valves

To: "john robinson" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: electronic valves
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:51:58 -0500
Notice there are no power figures given. Though i did read all the articles.
with a solenoid it seems like you will lose area under the curve in flow.
Think about the geometric constraints involved. either the lift has to very
low to open them early on the intake stroke or you have to wait until there
is room to have the valve fully open. or you run a deep dished piston so the
valve will clear the piston at TDC.  What happens to the compression ratio
or lack thereof?
dave