Home Brew Shop Tools - Old Man Short Cuts

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Home Brew Shop Tools - Old Man Short Cuts
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:14:51 -0800 (PST)
My shop has a rough floor, and my old back isn't good enough to roll loaded
engine stands, transmissions, or other heavy parts around the shop.  I bought
an electric winch from Harbor Freight for $89, hung it in the middle of the
shop, and placed snatch-block pullies near the floor at four locations in the
shop.  I can now pull the cable out, run it through one of the floor pullies,
and hook it to anything in the shop, and move it to anywhere else in the shop.
Sometimes I have to re-route the cable once or twice, and it's not real fast,
but I can move a hemi from one corner to the other with a press of my thumb,
and never have to take my pipe out of my mouth. I even rolled the car out of
the shop using this method.

Dick J

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!