Snow? Salt report!

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Snow? Salt report!
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:38:21 -0700
Like Jon says ... that white stuff in Michigan comes and goes.  (I've been
told it doesn't melt but just wears out from blowing around.)  The mountains
just east of us here in Salt Lake have had nine feet of snow in the last
twelve days ... and it's still there.  If the spring run-off isn't too quick
we'll have water for our lawns this summer.  I'll check out the snow depth
personally tomorrow.

On a happier note for most of you ... I had a chat with John Hansen from
Wendover yesterday.  As he drove across the flats he checked out the salt
... under "LOTS" of water according to him.  That should mean there will be
some nice, level salt this year.

I'll bet the new mining company is pumping brine from their canal as fast as
they can!

Wes