Salt Talks PASTIES!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Salt Talks PASTIES!
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:10:29 -0400
First of all, if you think pasties are for wearing, not eating, get
your minds out of the gutter and read on...

Salt Talks, the annual gathering at the bend in the road, is held after
racing ends on Sunday of SpeedWeek.  This year's event will be the
Sixth-ever get-together, and will feature T-shirts, hot dogs,
hamburgers, maybe some bratwurst, refreshments, and -- best of all --
Pasties (again).  If the water goes away we'll have the event Sunday,
14 August 2005.  Start thinking about joining us for a few hours of
stories and food and a good time.  Admission is open to everyone, and
the cost is whatever you decide to put into the collection cans.

A couple of years ago Nancy and I brought pasties -- a delicacy from
way up north (actually they're originally from Cornwall, England).  I
brought 'em just so you racers could see what keeps us going during the
15-20 feet of snow we get up here each year.  And, I'm happy to report,
they've been popular each year.  Today I spoke with the lady that makes
'em for us -- and she'll be putting 75 of them together for Salt Talks.
  For a description of what they are, go to www.pasty.net and click
around 'til you find 'em.

We'll be bringing most of the food, but you're welcome to get in touch
with me to tell me you want to volunteer to flip burgers, bring
ketchup, supply chairs, put up tarps, or whatever makes you feel like
you've helped the party.  Glen has already reminded me about last
year's 40-mph winds, so don't bother asking me for good weather -- it
ain't up to me!  I'll eventually make up a list of what we need/what we
have, so if you want to help but aren't sure what to do -- get in touch
and I'll offer some ideas of what still needs doing.  Thanks in advance.

Hey, less than four months left 'til Salt Talks. . .

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)