Interesting Cars (& their engines)

To: "Land Speed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting Cars (& their engines)
From: "Chris Pile" <hoxiepoo@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:24:41 -0500
    List -

    I believe this Watson-style roadster is the 3rd project from the
Blastolene guys. Leno bought a different one from them. Also - Randy (of the
Blastolene team) was on the Monster Garage build of the diesel-powered trike.
He didn't check his welding on the fuel tank, and it leaked badly after
installment - embarrassing him on national TV.

    The engine-finding stories are great. I remember one Garlits wrote about
finding a Rootes-blown 392 Hemi powering a Civil Defense siren on the roof of
a soon-to-be-bulldozed office building down in Florida. Now it's in one of his
dragsters in the museum.

    Chris Pile aka aircap