April Maxton

To: <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: April Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:03:45 -0500
Just a couple of notes from the meet this weekend...

The weather again just wasn't cooperating... dang spring is going to pass us
right by and go directly to Summer ...

Even with a bit of rain Maxton once again treated us alright,  the track dries
in no time and we all got to run as much as we wanted.... or almost all of us.
( Tonya might have wanted her pass in the Berkeley but the steering wasn't
being happy )

Scottie Griswald and Ace Allen Finally got in the 200mph club... along with
Kurt Urban....

Phil Franz got his Camaro over 180mph to prove the new motor has some hp...  (
good for him... it's been a long time coming )

Richard ran respectable for a 156 pass... and Tim Schoeny came out of
retirement to prove his little Honda is faster then the Bonneville record....

Pete Brown is fix'in to have to pay double entry fee's cause he was just
having to much fun in his new Mustang.... ( Tonya stole it to make a pass )

Donna took the killer Volvo out and made a few runs.... what a hoot... she'd
never been down the course... so it was a blast to watch her get excited... (
I hear She's getting Turbo's or Joe's building a race car... or something like
that )

I know there's more information then that .... but without a brain it's hard
to remember it all....

Keith