Horsepower shootout winner

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Horsepower shootout winner
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:53:24 -0400
I see Hank Booth's name in the new Cycle World magazine -- a bike of
his won a HP shootout.  The article was one of those "If you see Hank
Booth next to you at a stop light, don't run him for pinks!" stories.

701 hp from a Hayabusa motor (that presumably started life at 1.3L, but
who knows how big it is now).  Now I know why he was so busy trying to
locate extra ballast a year ago at the Salt. . .

Congratulations, Hank, on getting your name in the magazine.  Now, if
you had got them to refer to you as a land speed racer-type of guy,
maybe we'd get some respect for the sport/addiction.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)