Re: safety gear

To: Steve Meierdiercks <smsandimas@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: safety gear
From: "R. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 13:35:41 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I agree with Steve that you can't put a price on safety, however, it does pay
to shop around. Any suit that meets the SFI requirement that you want (example:
SFI-3 is required but want SFI-5) and has the brand name Nomex on the material
is the same as a higher or lesser priced suit with the same specs. Nomex is a
brand name and is made by DuPont. Nobody else makes Nomex.  These companies
don't use exclusive materials so I feel equally safe buying a brnad X Nomex
SFI-5 suit as I do with a Simpson or whatever. I know I'll hear that you can
trust a Simpson suit to what it's supposed to be more so than brand X. Probably
true, but if brand x is a legit brand and not from Bangladesh or Inda, I'd go
with it.

My two cents.

Bob D.