Re: safety gear

To: The Weldons <2weldons@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: safety gear
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:52:42 -0700
Excellent points Ed. One again, preparation and planning are important. We
had a starting line check list that we all memorized and we practiced it before
the drivers meeting at each event.
My partner Howard Nafzger who designed, built and drove the car
spent time in the car, at home, locating all of the switches, fire bottle
controls and chute releases with his eyes closed. That paid off when
the engine blew and filled the car with smoke.
He also practiced getting out (fully suited & strapped in) in less than
5 seconds.

Your advice is especially valuable to the new folks.
Bryan