Re: Safety Equipment Poll...

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Equipment Poll...
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 13:56:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I have a Simpson 15 and a Leaf 20. The Simpson is a little stiffer than the
Leaf. Both bought at the Long Beach swap meet and both were new. (I am a
prudent shopper $150 for the 15 and $375 for the 20) If you are planning on
wearing both a head sock and a helmet skirt ask your suit maker to add a couple
of inches to the velcro neck strap.  Prievious to these new suits I had a Diest
20. Diest is one of our supporters. So is DJ on page 206 please consider both
of these.  The response to a nonlatching seat belt should be a personal choice.
If you are putting yourself in your car the latch over may not be for you. I
feel getting out is more important than getting in. Please consider the way
your arm restaints will attach and how fast you can get out of the vehicle.
Bill Simpsons "Impact" suit is more money but looks like a real good product.
Consider it also. Good Luck

Subject: Safety Equipment Poll...

Well, soon I will be ordering my drivers safety suit, helmet, boots, undies,
balaclava, gloves, etc and of course of the highest SFI rating. Same for
seat belts. The questioin is: Who really has the best prices and the best
equipment for the price? What about delivery: are they  on time? I have just
about everything else. Geting serious now