Harley primary drive belts

To: "land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Harley primary drive belts
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:54:40 -0700
Hi to all you big bore MC people.
     Does anyone know the length and horsepower rating on those Gimmer belts
used for primary drives on the Harley choppers I see on irritating TV
programs? I am looking for a drive belt that will transmit 260 hp at 7,800
RPM. I am engineering moving our Drazy supercharger down in front of the
engine to cut down the frontal area. I am proposing a shaft from the front
of the crank under the blower with a shortened version of the standard drive
belt assy. I am also looking at chain drive but would rather go with the
belt because it is easier to control harmonics and whip with the lighter
belt.
Jim Dincau