Re: Harley primary drive belts

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Harley primary drive belts
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:29:11 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>

> Hi to all you big bore MC people.
>      Does anyone know the length and horsepower rating on those Gimmer belts
> used for primary drives on the Harley choppers I see on irritating TV
> programs? I am looking for a drive belt that will transmit 260 hp at 7,800
> RPM.

FWIW when I was looking for blower belt alternatives some of the Brecoflex
belts looked good,
especially as they sell the pulleys too.
http://www.brecoflex.com/022704_release1.cfm

Plus their 'regular' timing belts can have Kevlar or steel reinforcement.
http://www.brecoflex.com/051501_release1.cfm

They claim 'Resistant to petroleum, oils, fuels, fats, ozone, and sunlight' and
temperature up to
240*.
To me the temp rating of 240* seems a little too low for automotive use...

-Aron-