motorcycle streamliner tech 2005

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: motorcycle streamliner tech 2005
From: Ironwigwam2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:50:50 EDT
I just noticed that this years rule book has an improved section 7.H.13
Steering for streamliners. In years past we were referred to section 3.l. There

it stated that cable steering systems such as the ford pinto were not allowed,
I  questioned the tech people in 2003 about my cable steering system which
uses  marine grade cables to steer the front wheel on its king pin and was told
it  would be all right.
    Have the rules changed? or should I be talking to the  head Motorcycle
tech person? I sure would like to be able to get thru tech  before the week is
over.
    Rick