Re: Hybrid Pioneer Dies

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Hybrid Pioneer Dies
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:57:22 -0700
The truth is...the rotary engine was very dirty. If you remember the
advertising in the early seventies, they touted it as very low
emissions. That was accomplished by catalytic converters before they
appeared on other cars in 1975. Of course, the oil consumption problem
was big at first, but they did develop better sealing later. Its too bad
that the engine wasn't developed further. The design makes a lot of
sense and made great hp per lb. Remember the RX7, three rotor car a few
years back? It ran in the upper 2's before it crashed if I remember
correctly.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC