intake gasket glue

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: intake gasket glue
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:27:25 -0400
I have taken the driver's side head off my engine and the piston is
broken-the head and cylinder wall are miraculously undamaged. The only
cause i can think off as to why this cylinder let go when the others
look so good is that the intake gasket looks like it was leaking
there-perhaps leaning this cylinder out. What type of glue is gasoline
proof that I can use on the intake gasket so I don't have any more
leaks. It is going to be a long summer tearing the motor down and
rebuilding-hopefully in time for Maxton in October. It is a slightly
depressing Monday for me but it could have been much worse too, so all
in all, we'll fix it and get back to tuning it properly so we can go
after a record.
                                        Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>