Maxton Meet

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton Meet
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:37:57 -0400
Since Keith is in Virginia at an Austin-Healey meet, I guess I'll give a
report on Maxton.

Hot, Hot, Hot!!! Some rain at the close of the day Sunday. Attendance
was down. A guy from Texas brought his motorcycle up and made 57 passes
in two days, once Sunday he ran three passes back to back.

Scott Guthie drove Tonya Turk's Berkley to 201+ and got a "Car Two
Club". Scott has set records over 200 at Bonneville & Maxton in both
cars & bikes.

John Beckett made a statement before the race that he was the most
prepared for Bonneville as he has ever been, well that sure jinked him
as his chute falled at 207 and he had a steering issue and ran of the
side of the track thru bushes( read small trees). John is ok but the car
will require some serious repairs. By Sunday night, the car was torn
apart and John was working on a parts list. He thinks he'll make it for
Speedweek.

Wes Potter had a good time workin' over Keith!!!

joe