Re: Is Tis Thing ON?

To: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Is Tis Thing ON?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:29:51 -0400
On Monday, July 4, 2005, at 04:44 PM, The Weldons wrote:

> Good that you are working on your trailer. You didn't mention checking
> the
> lights.  Hopefully that means you respect the long accepted protocol
> for all
> land speed racers; i.e. "Trailer lights may not be checked any sooner
> than 15
> minutes before the time you plan to leave for the Salt and only after
> you've
> taken your shower and put on a clean tee shirt."
> Ed Weldon

Nah, I don't usually rush things THAT much.  Aren't you supposed to
wait 'til the Iowa cop pulls you over for a non-functioning light --
then scramble to a car-parts store in Bumknuckle, Nebraska, looking for
lamps?

For what it's worth, I've got all LEDs on the trailer.  They don't burn
out very often (although my wiring does allow some room for farkling).
14 "marker" lamps and two stop/turn/tail = $200, by the way. . .  Ain't
cheap, but they're bright and long-lived.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)