So-Al Racing update.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: So-Al Racing update.
From: "kturk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:54:06 -0500
    Sorry it's been so long since I've updated what's going on.... been busy
running around ... having fun but busy all the same...

    We raced the Berkeley at Maxton the last three meets setting records just
over 200mph at each event...  At the April Meet Regan Yates ( Tonya's sister )
got in the car and finally got in the ECTA 200mph club... She's been in it
before but the shifter was messed up so it was fun to make it right... She ran
200.08mph on a 200.445 record and everyone thought she got in BUT she didn't
set a record and had to run again..... where she went 202mph and got it
done....

Then Tonya got in the car and we finally sorted out the Steering wheel coming
off last year.... seems as I'm pushing her forward in line, if the steering
wheel isn't perfectly straight she fixes it..... well after her sister ran we
stuck Tonya in the car again just to get some seat time... she had an ugly
pass at 198 and wanted to try again.... only the 2-3 shift wasn't pretty
again.... got down there to pick her up after the pass and she said the wheel
came off again.... she simply wasn't clicking it into position.... but since
she'd been there before she stuck it back on... clicked it in place and still
ran 201...  Lesson learned... ( fairly stout set of nerves to be able to get
that done ).... we did have a discussion about NOT using the steering wheel
for leverage to shift.

The June meet was also a treat... Scott Guthrie and I had talked about driving
the car at Maxton and we finally had the opportunity.... Even thou he's got an
A Lic and a bazillion pass's over 200 at Maxton we went through the
proceedures again in the car....125- 150 175 and then 200.... Scott was a
hoot... he really had a great time and set a record at 202... then turned
around jumped on his bike and did it again....  Fun to be a part of Scott
holding records over 200 on both a bike and a car at both Maxton and
Bonnevillle.

Next we are off to El Mirage to help Freiburger run the Camaro this month...
looking forward to some surfing and hanging out on the Dirt....

Keith