Battle Mountain Festival in the Pit

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battle Mountain Festival in the Pit
From: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:21:05 -0700
Just received the CSAA Via magazine and on pg 12 it describes the
"Battle Mountain Pit Festival" on Aug 12-13.  For those of you
California Types who may be traveling out I80 East or up the Scenic
route through Tonopah and Austin NV this is happening on Fri-Sat Aug
12-13.  Their Chamber of Commerce web site
http://www.battlemountain.org/events.html only mentions a couple of
phone numbers.
The Via article says:
-- This is the 4th year (How could I have missed that in previous trips
to the Salt?)
-- Event sponsorship by Old Spice mfg. by Proctor&Gamble. (Get your free
samples just in case the new KOA manager won't sell showers this year)
(you may have to do the "toss" event to get the sample) No, don't ask me
for more info, I just got this from the magazine............
-- Events include a "hotly contested deodorant toss.....tug-of-war, rock
breaking, and, ....... an anything-goes armpit beauty competition"
Here's your chance to support our friends and supporters in "legendary"
Battle Mountain---or just cool down with a few laughs to boot on the way
in to the Salt on Friday or Saturday.
Ed Weldon