Re: Motor City Flatheads

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor City Flatheads
From: "R. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:15:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Motor City Flatheads is gone. Mark Kirby is still around the Dundee, MI area
but his shop has been sold. He had tremendous financial problems after his
heart surgery and never recouped the the losses. Too bad. He is a good guy,
just not a business type.

I spent two hours at Muscle Motor Sports, Bob Gribble's place yesterday. Talk
about a "candy" store. You name it, they have it. There is probably 5 tons of
brake discs alone. You need a NACA duct for a plexi/lexan window? Hundreds of
em. What a resource. I bought five guages, an aluminum panel and some switches
for just over $100.00. He has miles of used braided hose and used fittings.

And I have no financial interest here other than how much I spend on my car.

Bob Denton
on the road in Hickory, NC