Chute Mount

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>, Keith Turk
Subject: Chute Mount
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
I'm thinking about using a modified frame-mounted receiver trailer hitch for a
chute mount on my 75 Firebird.  This is the same body style as Keith's old
Camaro.  The hitch makes a solid connection to both frame rails, and by using
the slide-in hitch that would drop the ball about four inches, the mount for
the chute line (the hole where the ball would bolt) would end up just about cam
height.

Any thoughts?

Dick J
In East Texas