[Fwd: TWFSWB's Firs Public Exposure]

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Fwd: TWFSWB's Firs Public Exposure]
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:05:19 -0700
Part 2 of 2

Jim also mentioned that with the short wheel base and 850 hp this was going to
be a fun ride...fun in the
sense it was going to be a handful. He suggested I start looking for
weight and where to put it. He also said I would most likely need the
rear spoiler...all things I had already decided that were going to be
needed.

When I was standing there along side the car, Jim and Mike  quietly
conferred and said, "I don't see one single thing wrong". I thought that
was significant and had Jim notate that in my log book. I know that each
event is a start over but this meant something to me personally. I have
worked hard on this car, peppering the lists with many questions and it
seems to have paid off. The beer is on me at WOS.

In summary, the car needs to have a push bar, some better or additional
hood fasteners, some additional fasteners on the deck lid and a mid seat
back brace. These were the only items that were recommendations; no
rules violations or corrections were noted. I will do these for sure
plus some other things: Get the fire bottles inspected by the local fire
extinguisher company, get my seat belts installed, practice the bail out...

I want to thank the SCTA organization for taking the time to do the
inspection and for having some inspectors who had my safety and well
being in mind as well as the rule book when they looked over the car. It
was a positive experience for me and a memorable one.

I re-made some old friendships, made some new ones. I hope I have made
amends with Dave Frieberger from HOT ROD and Keith and Tonya Turk. Ed
and Linda Van Scoy were there and I hadn't seen them is a couple of
years. And especially Glen Barret. Others whose name I have forgotten
please forgive me, it is not intentional, just old age.

SCTA, thanks for the experience.

mayf