Re: CROSSLEY--NON-LSR

To: "Joe Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: CROSSLEY--NON-LSR
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:13:18 -0400
On Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at 05:07 PM, Joe Lance wrote:

> I'm one of the unlucky guys not wrenching/sweating to get a car ready,
> so I've
> got time on my hands.
>
> Was curious about the Crossley? , the AMERICAN small car that was
> produced in
> the USA after WW II.  As I remember, it had a small  single overhead
> cam
> engine that could rev very high, like 10,000 RPM ---have an old 331/3
> rpm
> record with one exploding on a drag strip (just before the fabulous
> "sidewinder" ran).
>
> When I do a web search all I get is info about the pre-war BRITISH
> Crossley---am I spelling it right?
>
> Lance

There are at least two Crosley's that race at Bville -- don't remember
which is which, but one's bright yellow -- that's the one in J/Prod,
from Montana -- and the other's a dandy red with flame-job front end.

Yup - they're the "clown cars" that you remember from way back then.
But racing is racing, remember, and doing it is more important than
what you're doing it in.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan