A profound statement by Jon W

To: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>,
Subject: A profound statement by Jon W
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
Jon Wennerberg wrote:... ... But racing is racing, remember, and doing it is
more important than what you're doing it in.

Jon, that has been my philosophy of racing all my life. It doesn't matter what
you race, or how fast (or slow) you go.   Racing is racing, and watching is
just being a spectator.  And those who watch and wish can only begin to imagine
what the thrill is like.

Two of the biggest thrills of my life were the first time I raced up onto the
banking at Daytona, and the first time I ran on the salt at Bonneville.
Millions of gearheads have watched and dreamed, but as long as they remain
"spectators" they'll never really know the thrill.

Dick J
In East Texas