ICE Numbers (no LSR)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: ICE Numbers (no LSR)
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:58:18 -0700 (PDT)
I know this sounds like one of those internet hoaxes
(I saw this on the 6:00 news, and Peter Jennings read
it, so maybe it is....) Anyway, here's the story. The
reason the British police & hospital workers were able
to rapidly sort out victims of the recent bombings was
because many of the Brits have ICE numbers in their
cell phones. ICE is short for "In Case of Emergency",
so the first thing emergency workers checked was
victim's (dead and alive) cell phones, and if they
found a number listed like "ICE Wife" or "ICE John"
etc., they dialed that number and told the person that
answered what happened. Loved ones were notified
immediately this way instead of the cops having to
chase down addresses on driver's licences.
Anyhoo........... This sounds like a pretty good idea
to me and should catch on here in the Colonies.
Ed

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs