On going to Bionneville for the 1st time ...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: On going to Bionneville for the 1st time ...
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:57:11 +0000
Hi Ed and List....

FINALLY finding time to reply           -I still don't have much  So I'll
get right to it;

In 2002 I wrote a 'primer' for folks I knew who were going to the salt for
the first time from NY State.

As I had previously been 4 or 5 times to Speedweek, and as I don't mind
writing, I 'elected' myself to write it.  To do so I solicited everyone on
the this list to answer a few questions I posed to them.  Then I put
together what turned out to be a 10 page essay on 'going to Bonneville' the
first time...and printed it out, and handed out about 20 copies...

Ed, I am attaching it here for you,  -I am sure the filter for the List will
stop it however.

........... But if anyone else would like, I can send it to them as an
attachment.    Hows that ?

I've been reading some of the LSR List posts regarding this, and if Jon Amo
would like I could 'work' with him to use some of it on his site.

I'd just like to pass along what I can -even though living in east, and with
my income, my trips are shall we say, 'less that frequent'       drat!

To all going this year, Have fun, go fast, -make friends...

                                                        I HOPE to see you
all next year....

to:

Tom Bryant:  bust a record

Keith: don't drink tooooo many diet cokes. And go fast.

Glen: be nice to Keith

Wes: just be nice               LOL

Cheers,.. and God bless all'ofya  -it's your ol' pal, "Dirt Track Doug"

Forever leadin' the way in the eternal search for Hot Blues,
                                       Cold Beer, Fast Cars   -and Warm
Willin' Wimin'..

        Dog training, Modersickle parts, Aerial Surveillance, Match Races,
        Killer Minibikes, Babes Ooogled, Flintlock Rifles, Bears Neutered,
         Certified USDA Beer Tester, Speedway Bikes , Political Analyst,

                    ...and "Slide Jobs" fully appreciated for the FINE ART
that they are.