A sad day on the salt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: A sad day on the salt
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:27:42 +0000
We're sorry to report that word has just made it back that John
Beckett crashed late this afternmoon on the long course at Bonneville.
It is our understanding that his car rolled at over 250 mph. He was
life flighted to the hospital and we're sad to report he did not
survive the injuries sustained in the crash.

John was a co-founder of the East Coast Timing Associtation that
governs the Maxton, NC track. He recently sold and
relenquished his presidency of the ECTA to continue his pursuit and
dreams of Land Speed Racing(the position he held made it very difficult
to do any actual racing), this was his way of doing what he loved and still
allowing all of us to continue doing what we love.

Please say a prayer for his family and friends and raise a glass to
someone that was instrumental in giving us east coasters the ability
for top speed time trials.

God Speed JB, and our deepest condolences to your family, long time friends
and all who have crossed your path,
Todd & Deb
Twin Jugs Racing