Re: A sad day on the salt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A sad day on the salt
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT)
Our sincerest condolences to John's family.  John was a personal mentor to me
and without his guidance I probably would never have realized my life's dream
of racing on the salt.  We all know that we have to make that trip to meet our
maker some day and I know that John would have preferred to make the trip the
way he did rather than taking a slow route through a nursing home.

Godspeed, John.  You were and always will be an inspiration to all of us.

Dick and Gail Jurkowski
Kilgore, Texas