a huge loss

To: "Landspeed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: a huge loss
From: "Steve Pitt" <stpitt@zipcon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:50:18 -0700
One of my favorite memories of my first trip to Bonneville and WOS in 2000 was
the "Maxton Bunch" as Wes Potter called them as he was giving me a tour of the
pits.  Keith Turk and the Girly Camero, John Beckett and the yellow Chevette,
and the entourage of crew and salt groupies , all kibitzing and carrying on.
What a fun bunch.

I also was able to see John and the Bonneville debut of the gray primered
HondaLiner at WOS 2003.  Even with the substandard engine he said he had, he
still did well.  I also remember how excited he was when his daughter Emily
took some passes in the car and qualified for her "B" license.  John with a
big grin on his face, proud Dad.

I did not know John well, I only had the pleasure of meeting him and talking
to him briefly and seeing the joy of someone who loved to go fast.  Those of
you that knew him well and especially his family are suffering a huge loss.  I
cannot imagine your sorrow.  I hate this but it happens.

Rest in peace John.  God be with you always.

Steve Pitt
Seattle, WA