RE: GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor

To: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>, "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>,
Subject: RE: GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:16:34 -0500
Todd;

Depending on the accuracy you need, the +5V voltage regulator you
suggested will probably work just fine. If you need higher accuracy (not
higher resolution), you will need a +5V voltage reference. These are
similar to regulators but they are low- current devices that are
designed to have much higher voltage output accuracy (some are within
less than 0.2%) and they hold their output voltage with little change
over temperature (some less than 10 parts per million per degree
Centigrade) but their disadvantage is that they won't put out much
current and they don't have as wide an input voltage range as a voltage
regulator.

Usually a voltage reference is not needed-- the MAP sensor itself
doesn't have enough accuracy to warrant using one.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ