Another Quirky Question - Re Certificaton.

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Quirky Question - Re Certificaton.
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:05:35 -0700
As Imentioned I have no aspirations regarding records, red hats or the
likes, Just running and fun. But...what if I did make a qualifying run
on oneof my check rides. Is that even possible? Then on the next
increase inlisc speed (say next morning from impound) I set a record of
98.6 mph (open record). Now my displacement is 306.13 CID and not within
the displacement pump error band of +- 3%. Does that mean I woould have
to tear that puppy down to get the record certified? ANd then the seal
would be put on so that if I made other passes and bumped the speed up
each set of passes I wouldn't have to tear it down? Is that the way this
works? Interesting! Or am I farkled? The other part of this madness is
can I set records in my check rides going up the lisc ladder? As far as
I can tell the records in this class are open and I do not see a minimum
in the book. Is there one? I would suspect that there is and it woould
be around 275 or so (C/BFMS). So maybe there is for sure no need for
seal provisions in my case at all!. Veru interesting...

HAs anyone ever tried to maybe do a history on the SCTA and its inner
workings? I think that it would be a best seller among us folk! Title
something like " How we got to where we are today..."  Wish I knew how
to read and write..

Well, tomorrow is back at it finishing some work on a truck mounted push
bar and them making one for my truck also. My greatest embarassment is
that I get to the line, Put it in gear and it flames out, never to be
restarted.... sorta like whiffing the ball on the first tee...in front
of the waiting t timers...

mayf