RE: Another Quirky Question - Re Certificaton.

To: "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another Quirky Question - Re Certificaton.
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:05:02 -0500
Mayf;

" ...My greatest embarassment is that I get to the line, Put it in gear
and it flames out, never to be restarted...."

Sorta like the guy I saw at Richmond (VA) Dragway-- he pulled up to the
line rev'ed his engine and when the lights counted down he dumped the
clutch and there was a sharp "plang" and his driveshaft rolled out from
under the car. I'll bet that kid had a hard time explaining to his
parents how their station wagon "suddenly quit running."

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ