$900 of diesel fuel?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: $900 of diesel fuel?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:50:57 -0400
I'm starting to give second and third thoughts about racing at WoS,
since it'll cost about the above-noted amount just to get out there and
back...assuming prices don't continue to climb daily.  As Keith has
noted, even finding fuel might become an issue -- even though we take
the "northern route".

If the Bub's meet runs well -- and that'll be evidenced by some good
speeds -- we'll give more thought to competing at the USFRA
get-together.  Otherwise we might just ride out on the Gold Wing and
spectate and volunteer.  Heck, even the Gold Wing's gonna cost about a
dime a mile for fuel. . .

World Finals isn't out of the question yet, 'cause maybe by then
there'll be a little more predictability at the fuel pumps.

Anybody else thinking of modifying their race program?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)