RE: Parachutes and the box they come in

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parachutes and the box they come in
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:56:00 -0400
I think almost every car or bike will drift and hunt at terminal velocity.
That is what makes LSR racing different from almost every other type. In
most forms of racing there is always a chassis input from acceleration or
deceleration or side loads from cornering. I would think a little about a 4
g chute though. I think there have been as many issues with a violent chute
opening causing an issue as they have fixed.
Dave