RE: Water Brake

To: "'Sparky'" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,
Subject: RE: Water Brake
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:25:17 -0700
I agree, Sparky. That is what I have been thinking lately. You might not
even have to use the big truck stuff.  Just save your rotors after they are
replaced on the pick-up truck. You don't have to be limited to 4. Why not 6
or 8 of them? With a small water tube directed to the center of the
ventilated rotors, centrifugal force will sling it out and you have a built
in pump. With the correct water flow you might be able to manage the heat.
It should be simple and cheap.  Mayf, can you do the kinetic energy calcs?
Stopping a 4,000 lb vehicle from 75 mph to zero in 15 seconds equals how
much HP? If your brakes can do that you dyno can also.  -Elon