Re: South African Speed Records

To: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: South African Speed Records
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:10:24 -0400
On Sunday, September 18, 2005, at 12:47 PM, MPittwood@compuserve.com
wrote:

> If you feel that you would like a new challenge on South African
> concrete,
> tarmac or desert playa then contact Ray through the website
> www.speedrecordsa.co.za and Ray and his colleagues can find you the
> best
> location to run fast.  As the organisation 'speedrecord SA' is not
> affiliated to any one governing body you could run to anyones rules
> that
> you may choose ...... F1, SCTA, FIA, FIM, why?...
>
> Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England

As I was scanning through the South African website I found the
attached quote.  Malcolm, maybe you could help put this in terms those
of us on the west side of the Atlantic can understand:

"In places the surface is scattered with small stones, but it has been
shown that most of these can be removed by mechanical sweeping, and the
track then fodded in the normal way."

I don't know if Nancy would allow me to go someplace where I might get
fodded...especially in public.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan