Carb tuning

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb tuning
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:16:26 -0400
Quick question-I have a holley double pumper, with idle mixture screws at all
four corners. To get the carb to idle properly and enrichen properly I have had
to increase the opening on the secondaries significantly so the primaries can
remain closed enough so those idle mixture screws are responsive but also so
gas doesn't come out in gobs from the venturi tubes at about 2000 rpm.But in
this configuration it seems to me that the secondary side  is getting into the
high speed circuit because those idle screws are no longer functioning.In order
to close up the secondary throttles I assume people will drill holes in those
throttle plates. But if you do this to increase air flow in the secondaries at
idle will it help raise idle speed too, because if I close up the secondaries
so as tro get idle mixture screw response on the secondary side it idles too
low.I'm new to Holley carbs so any help is appreciated.
Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>