drag week ( no lsr )

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: drag week ( no lsr )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:33:04 -0500
Tonya and I just got back from Drag week which was put on by David Freiburger
and Hot Rod Magazine...  we worked as helper bee's to make it happen...

The whole event boils down to 5 tracks in 5 days across 5 states.... and the
racers must drive the cars between the venues...  1500 miles

Absolutely incredible time... and NO I'M NOT building a drag car.... but we
enjoyed this whole thing more then I can say.....  what a hoot to watch 40
cars lumbering along the interstate ... many of which were running deep into
the 8 second range....  ( and we can't even driver our cars back to the pits
at Bonneville LOL )  The gas companies should see a boost in profits from this
event alone....

Steve Atwood was one of the guys who came to Bonneville with us this year and
he was driving an original 1968 Hemi Dart factory race car...  Steve collects
Hemi race cars and obviously isn't afraid to drive them....  we caught up with
him in a parking lot changing lifters in this thing...  the guy went through
30 quarts of trans fluid... 2 sets of lifters and got 18 hrs sleep in 5
days....  Sound like Bonneville yet?

Anyway you guys will read about it later... Tonya and I got to live it....
what a dang hoot...

And now we are getting ready for the big track day at Maxton on Thursday...
and looking forward to a wonderful event at Maxton.

Keith