RE: Power supply(5volt regulator)

To: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>,
Subject: RE: Power supply(5volt regulator)
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:54:03 -0500
Dan;

You can find an LM7805 data sheet at :
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM%2FLM7805.pdf   The regulator should
be connected as shown in Figure 5; don't forget to add the capacitors at
the input & output of the LM7805-- without them, it will probably
oscillate.

Depending on the current you draw from the +5V output, you may need to
bolt the copper tab to a small heat sink to keep it cool. If you need
help calculating the temperature, let me know and I'll do an example of
how it's calculated.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ