Re: Chassis Cushion?

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Cushion?
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:13:28 -0700
My new trailer is pretty softly sprung and even with some things not
tied down when I went to get it, nothing inside moved one millimeter, so
no big negative g developed. And, man, about the edge of Tex on I-40 I
hit some road that I could have swon that the entire rig, truck and
trailer were off the ground. But prolly not, made me shudder though. As
to fixing the car to the trailer, I had planned to put some rigid blocks
under the frame at the rear crossmember and under the front frame horns.
My car is spring with suspension and I don't want to wear out the shocks
with the car bouncing around. My plan was to anchor the car fore and aft
(cross tied) then put a strap latterally across the front and rear to
hold it firmy in contact with the trailer. I really don't want it
bouncing around. And because the trailer is torsion bar and softly
suspended then I see no issues with anything on the car being subjected
to any loads higher than if it wasn't grounded and bouncinh on its own
springs. My car is really really short though and no frame flex is
expected either. .

My 2 cents worth.

mayf, out in Pahrump