Re: Chassis Cushion?

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Cushion?
From: desotoman@att.net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:05:28 +0000
 How I support my front motored dragster in my trailer is I cut a groove down a
4x4 peice of lumber 1/4" thick by 1/2" deep then I insert that onto my rear
motor plate. On the bottom of the 4x4 I attach a piece of 1/4" rubber. When the
motor was out of the car I took a measurement of the rear motor plate to the
ground, that is what I cut the length of the 4x4 to. I do the same thing on the
front of the motor except I don't put a groove in the wood (no front motor
plate). Then I run a strap up over the engine to the trailer's floor to secure
the whole car. Works good for me. Regards, Tom

PS. Here in California we have some freeway over passes that will  launch
anything you may have in or on a trailer, that is why I strap the motor to the
floor.