Re: maxton tires for texas

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: maxton tires for texas
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:36:22 -0700
Woah, there, Nelly!  The ratings you've listed are mph (first number)
and kph (second number).

The RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association) booklet adds the following
notes to the speed ratings table:

*For tires having a maximum speed capability above 149 mph, a "ZR" may
appear in the size designation [e.g., P275/40ZR17].  For tires having a
maximum speed capability above 186 mph, a "ZR" must appear in the size
designation.  Consult tire manufacturer for maximum speed when there is
no Service Description....
NOTE:  For "V", "W", or "Y", and tires with a "ZR" rating, a vehicle
load adjustment (for speed) is required; consult tire manufacturer.

Benn